Event Calendar


Call or Text: (801) 872 -8846

FAX: (801) 449-0982

Welcome Salt Baked City Readers!

Dr. Chan and the Lotus Wellness Team are here to assist you with everything you need to obtain your Medical Cannabis in Utah! Taking the first step in obtaining your Medical Cannabis Card can be intimidating and even confusing. At Lotus Health, we take the time to educate our patients in the Utah Medical Cannabis Program and the current laws and processes to provide a positive, informative experience. 

Our Medical Cannabis Consultants, have educated themselves in the history of cannabis, dosing specifications, the molecular breakdown of cannabis and how it can affect the consumer, Utah Cannabis Laws, and more. Our Medical Cannabis Consultants are available to discuss your goals, product recommendations, and dosing suggestions for consumers with varying histories, ages, tolerance levels, and experience.

Click here for more information on Utah laws and regulations.



Initial Appointment: Price: $170 

Includes: Initial Evaluation  l  Certification & Recommendations  l   Medical Cannabis Consulting I 90 day Check – In

Renewals: $125

Includes: Renewal Appointment  l  Certification & Recommendations  l  Medical Cannabis Consulting

Direct Primary Care (DPC): Costs for your Medical Cannabis appointments, renewals, and consults are included in your DPC membership.

Fees required by the state are not included. 

Are you ready to get started? Do you need to Renew? Please fill out the form to request an appointment.

The requirements to get a medical cannabis card include:

  • Must be a Utah Resident
  • Must have at least one qualifying condition
  • Apply and register on the EVS portal
  • Meet with a qualified medical provider (QMP)
  • Eligibility has been certified by your QMP
  • Pay a $15 fee to the state for your card

Note: If a patient is a minor under the age of 21 or if they are an adult over 21 but do not have a qualifying condition, the application must be reviewed by the Compassionate Use Board. A minor cannot receive a medical cannabis card unless their parent or legal guardian qualifies for a medical cannabis guardian card

Qualifying conditions under the Utah Medical Cannabis Act are listed below:

  • HIV or acquired immune deficiency syndrome
  • Alzheimer’s disease
  • amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
  • cancer
  • cachexia
  • persistent nausea that is not significantly responsive to traditional treatment, except for nausea related to:
    • Pregnancy
    • cannabis-induced cyclic vomiting syndrome
    • cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome
  • Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
  • epilepsy or debilitating seizures
  • multiple sclerosis or persistent and debilitating muscle spasms
  • post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) that is being treated and monitored by a licensed health therapist (defined here), and that:
    • has been diagnosed by a healthcare provider by the Veterans Administration and documented in the patient’s record; or
    • has been diagnosed or confirmed by evaluation from a psychiatrist, doctorate psychologist, a doctorate licensed clinical social worker, or a psychiatric APRN
  • autism
  • a terminal illness when the patient’s life expectancy is less than six months
  • a condition resulting in the individual receiving hospice care
  • a rare condition or disease that affects less than 200,000 individuals in the U.S., as defined in federal law, and that is not adequately managed despite treatment attempts using conventional medications (other than opioids or opiates) or physical interventions
  • pain lasting longer than two weeks that is not adequately managed, in the qualified medical provider’s opinion, despite treatment attempts using conventional medications other than opioids or opiates or physical interventions

No. As of right now, no insurance company will cover evaluations directly or indirectly associated with cannabis recommendations due to cannabis still being a federally illegal substance. You can use your HSA or FSA for the appointment and renewal costs.

Yes. You will need to register with any of the Utah dispensaries you plan to visit. This can be done ahead of time with most dispensaries or you can register in-person. If it is your first time visiting any dispensaries, you will need to go in-person or have a virtual visit and consult with a pharmacist. After that, you are welcome to use the drive-thru and delivery options (when applicable).

Yes. A patient’s first medical cannabis card is active for 6 months from the date it was issued.  After the initial 6 months, you will then need to renew every year going forward.

Under the Utah Medical Cannabis Act, you can use medical cannabis legally in these forms:

  • Tablet or capsule
  • Concentrated oil, like cartridges for vaping
  • Liquid suspension
  • Topical lotion or cream
  • Transdermal preparation or patch
  • Sublingual preparation or tincture
  • Gelatinous cube (gummy)
  • Unprocessed cannabis flower
  • Wax or resin

Smoking cannabis (flame to cannabis product) is not permitted in Utah. Vaporizers are the preferred way of consuming cannabis by inhalation and can be purchased at most local dispensaries or online. 

The law also prohibits purchasing cannabis in the form of “treats” such as: candies, cookies, brownies, and other edible products.

Don’t worry! Your card will be active again in no time!

  1. Log in to your portal on the EVS site
  2. Click “Tracking Inbox”, then your name in the box that pops up
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the blue “Save & Submit for Certification” button. Your registration status should now say “Awaiting Certification”. 
  4. Set up an appointment for a Renewal Check in 
  5. Pay the $15 fee to the state and wait for your new card to be emailed to you.